Destruction Instructions for Distribution Restricted CD-ROMs/DVDs (Coded B, C, D)Posted: 2014/04/11
If your local facility does not destroy distribution restricted CD-ROMs/DVDs, you can send them to the National Security Agency (NSA). Follow these rules:
- Ship only whole disks to NSA. No need to scratch disks.
- Don’t send sleeves, mailers or cases.
- Maximum shipping box size is 18 inches high x 18 inches wide x 18 inches long. Maximum weight is 40 pounds per box.
- Single-wrap outside shipping box with brown paper. If loose disks rattle, mark box “Rattle Okay.”
- Send no more than 10 boxes at one time.
- If you want a receipt, include a documentation/destruction form in each shipping box with the total number of CD-ROMS/DVDs written on it.
Ship boxes by first-class mail to:
National Security Agency
9800 Savage Road
ATTN: CMC-Degaussing-Suite 6875
Ft George G. Meade, MD 20755-6875