M1-Series Tanks…Report Mine Clearing Equipment MonthlyPosted: 2014/21/08
If you haven’t been reporting your unit’s mine clearing blades, rollers and roller mounting kits, you need to start now.
Loading those items into SAMS-E and listing them on your unit’s monthly Army Material Status System (AMSS) report is required by AR 700-138, Army Logistics Readiness and Sustainability.
It’s vital information for the Army to have so it knows the readiness of that equipment.
The problem is that AR 700-138 hasn’t been updated in a while mine clearing blades, rollers and roller mounting kits aren’t included in the table of reportable items. But Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA) does put out an updated list that includes those items twice a year on LIW that that you can download and print. Here’s how to get the list:
- Login to LIW:
- At the bottom of the page, click on App Warehouse.
- Scroll down to the LIW RSRCS app and click on Go to Application.
- Scroll down and click on Maintenance Master Data File.
- Click on Download the… MMDF as a single file and/or Readiness Reportable Item Listing.
- Click on the B1(date).xls file to access the current list of readiness reportable ground equipment (systems and stand-alone items). The file’s date will change each time it’s updated.
The systems are listed by LIN in alphabetical order.
Here are the items you should be reporting, along with their NSNs and LINs:
|Mine clearing blade||01-230-8862||B71632|
|Mine roller kit||01-134-3724||M71632|
|Mine roller mounting kit||01-235-5458||M18157|